Sunday, November 22, 2009

Kiruna: pre-trip

So a few weeks ago, a few of us students (6 total) who couldn't go on the trip to Kiruna with the school decided to plan a trip of our own a week before!! We will leave Wednesday (25th) and get back Sunday (29th).

We will be taking a train up totaling 21 hours! Should be interesting...

Then one night in a hostel in Kiruna. The next day, a two-day package of snowmobiling and dog sledding, and an overnight stay in a cabin.

The last night we will stay in a hostel again (a different one).

We will fly to Arlanda Airport and take the bus back to get back around 4 Sunday afternoon.

The amount of clothes I'm bringing is probably going to be way less than the others, because I'm used to the cold and it's still pretty early in the season for it to be TOO cold for me.

There is an ice hotel located in the town, but it won't be ready when we are there, but it would only be to see it, not stay in it, so I'm not too bummed about that.

There might be a possibility of northern lights, hopefully I can get some pictures of it!

A few days after I get back, I should have a new post...see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment